LCD monitors for games?

Who all quit diablo 2 after the 1.10 patch came out?

• I quit, its boring without hacks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was waiting for the hackers to leave!

• I love diablo2! Ill never quit!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard enough :)

I will take Cosmic~Fury's advice and see for myself. I'm going to get the AS4821DT which is at least the one that was rated as "Top Dog" on Tom's Hardware (link below)

http://www4.tomshardware.com/display/20030902/index.html

If it turns out to be junk, then I'll just give it to the girlfiend for her to use for web-browsing and designing, and go back to my old ProView451.

Thanks all for your opinions, and when I get it, I'll come back and let you know what I think.

One more opinion! I agree with Cosmic~Fury too. I'm using flat CRT and it's very good. With many "professional gamers", LCD is worse than CRT because its refresh speed is slower so you should use CRT for games.

And a very important thing that pixels of LCD sometimes can "die"
(it's a disaster :mad: and I have an experience in this :mad: :mad: ).

So I think you should buy a CRT.:eek:

Blah. There is no point me BUYING a CRT - I already have a good one. It takes up about 3.4 acres of desk space, emits so much radiation that I have twice been invetigated by the UN for possible illegal weapons research, uses so much power that when I turn it on it blacks out New York, London or Italy and is so heavy it is starting to bend light around it.

Given all of the above, I am prepared to accept SOME degradation of quality in terms of games performance from an LCD, just not TOO much. The original post here was to find out people's opinions of actual USE of LCD's with games, but I think Cosmic hit the nail on the head - I just have to try it for myself.

I know about the pixels thing - I've had about a dozen laptops with LCD screens and never had a dead pixel - but I guess it's just one of the risks you take.

Like I said, I'll let you know how it goes.

Grey Area said:
I can afford it, but my question is not about whether it wil look cool, but whether it will do the job.

if you want anymore opinions of how lcds compare to crts w/games read this thread from the beginning of the mo.

I have heard that LCD screens do not show true 3d depth yet. Only a handful of LCDs have new technology that show true depth. In my opinion a flat screen CRT is the most crisp.

Well, I highly recommend getting an LCD 17" with 16ms response time. While higher response time/19"-21" can handle it, its just awesome on a 17"...I'd recommend NEC as they're a cheap, solid brand. the MultiSync LCD1765 more specifically. Brands are something of an issue in LCDs these days...the life of pixels can depend on it.

Perhaps LCD now has many advantages and it can solve problems above. But you need to check it carefully before buying.

So good luck. :)

*bump* :)

Ok so I said I'd post a reply when I got one - here it is

I got the iiyama AS4821DT - 19" LCD monitor - and I'm very pleased with it! I must admit I haven't tried it on any very fast moving games yet, but overall I am very impressed with the image quality.

So change my vote from "don't know" to LCD - which gives LCD the lead by one vote!

I have the Iiyama C480T LCD 19" (12ms grey to grey) and a Iiyama 451 pro 19" CRT.

The 451 was a great display in its time but now it takes a back seat and all my Gaming (BF1942, XBOX) is done on the C480T.

infact all my office work and browsing is done on the 480T as I can watch sports or news via PIP:D

Buy a TFT panel with S-IPS technology, which provides crisper text, sharper images, truer colors, and less color shift. Example: ViewSonic VP181s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom