Thoughts on this PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sport1031

Daemon Poster
I have a crappy Rosewill 400W PSU. I am pretty sure that my random shutdown are due to the PSU overheating because nothing else is at a super high temperature. (GPU: 55 C, CPU: 63 C) I feel really hot air coming out of the PSU.

Anyways, I need to replace it and I want something with more power and better cooling than just a 60mm exhaust fan. I don't want to spend more than $100 USD. If possilbe, I want a 24-pin mobo connector. Right now I want the ASPIRE Chameleon ATX-AS550W-BL ATX 550W Power Supply. What do you guys think of it? If you think something else would be better, please let me know.

17-148-014-06.JPG

Take a look at the thermaltake ones for your range, not nearly as pricy and not nearly as flashy and a better PSU

BTW: Your CPU temp is AMAZINGLY high, you are 7 degrees or even less away from the thermal dammage zone

Yeah, Thermaltake makes some great stuff. That and Antec, they are nice as well. You can get some rather on the cheap, and they are very decent quality. If you get a flashy looking one, it will needlessly drive up the price just for those looks. It's a PSU, not your case, and for the most part it is hidden. Why do you need it to look so hot? Why does anyone? Thats like having your CPU painted a groovy color.

i agree with DJ-chris. for a 64 that is very very high. mine never ever reaches 40C never mind 55C plus mine is overclocked alot more than urs. u should really look at a better heatsink or maybes just resit the one u got atm.

Rather than spend the money on a PSU, why not invest it in a better cooling solution? Water cooling maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom