Windows alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Shift

In Runtime
Hey, does anyone know if there is ANY OS out there better than Windows, but still useable by those of us without extensive programming knowlege?
Or maybe rumors of different OSes by different companies than the usual?
Just curious, as i don't seem to get much useful info from Google, and Micro$oft Windows XP seems to be giving me problems just like the others.

Attachments

• hijackthislog.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 30
You could try 'Lindows' a rip of version of windows. Ivenever tried it personally but you could go look for it on there site and take a look.

i would not call lindows a "rip version of windows." it is a real linux distro, just the goal in mind w/this one is to run your win apps.

the reason i knocked lindows in the past is because it does not run all your windows applications, and they sell this computer for around $199. now you also have to pay $100.oo/yr. for the "fast one-click" update. i'm not about to pay $199 for a pos computer that promises to run my all win apps and charges me $100 a year for upgrades when i can dl slackware or mandrake linux for free.

I've been tempted to try Linux, but i heard it has a lack of games and drivers, and requires extensive programming knowledge compared to what i'm used to...
If it's not so bad, i just might try it, if someone can let me in on some details on the differences between it and Windows XP.

i still have not had a chance to play with fedora.:mad: zero shift- just dl or purchase a live linux cd and try it out, no install needed.

lol isnt that the ms blast worm?
heh im downloading lindows 4..0 right now... gonna try it out

i didnt seem to like mandrake heh i couldnt figure it out, at least to install exe files =p

geez, don't lindows pc's have like a 700-800mhz processor at best? lol, not sure your pc speed but install that on a p4 it should be lightning quick. :D :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom