3DMark05 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get 3612 with a XFX 6600 GT Agp.
I use a very cheap SOYO mobo, Geil 1gb ram and p4 3 ghz prescott.

Video card is overclocked to 560mhz core and 1.18ghz memory
Idle for video card is 57 degrees and CPu is 38 degrees.

You know it might just be regular but I'll have to check, any good news on the XBL? You seem to be against everything I say about anything but you do seem to know about ram, any good suggestions for Patriot ram? Please $150 US dollars or less.

-Ryan

i'm not against you, i just think some things you say are wrong, although i might be wrong on some stuff (i.e. you asid the san diego OCs better than the venice, which is wrong)

if you're getting a very good cpu (4000 sd) and the best ocing board (dfi lanparty) along with the 7700cu which can do 3ghz easy with 3200 venice and good ram, you might as well get good ram to go along with your setup

the regular patriot (which is what i think you have is just value ram, so you can't OC very far); for under $150, you probably have 2 choices:
-1gb twinMOS ram (94.35), all you'll need to do is raise your voltage on them, since they need juice to OC
-ocz el plat. Rev2's, a little over 150, but they oc great as well

there might be other choices, but i don't know about them

the XBL's are good (nubius has them) because they use the 'samsung tccd' die (those black chips on memory) and brain power pcb (i think) and are around $220

"i just got 3502 on 3DMark Score. Isnt that horrible I dont know what normal results would be for my computer which is:"

I finally got my system up the way I want now... I got a 10672 on 3DMark03 and 4768 on 3d Mark 05. With an INtel 3.4 Prescott, Radeon X800 Pro, 2Gig Corsair Ram...

You know it might just be regular but I'll have to check, any good news on the XBL?
I got the XBLs, they can hit 266MHz guaranteed by the manufacturer, give it 3v and I'm sure they'll hit 275MHz, but they cost me like $220 but I bought them a while ago so I'm sure it's cheaper....it's good RAM, but my socket A board is preventing me from really taking advantage of them....when I get a venice and board here in a couple months I'll wind up making a post with them and my results.

(i.e. you asid the san diego OCs better than the venice, which is wrong)
That's not wrong, but you aren't wrong either, San diegos and venices both overclock great because they are the same architecture, it's simply the fact the san diegos have 1mb L2 cache, and the lowest san diego I know of right now is a 3800+ so more talk has been heard about the 3000/3200 venices than anything else, although I'm pretty sure a 3500+ diego is supposed to come out some time.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59406&page=1

theres the official diego OC'ing thread, they get just as good as venices

:) it does feel good to hear ones choices validated. Also Nubius, did you get 266 from 233? What about ddr400 pc3200?

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom