Best Power Supply for the money? Help please..

Status
Not open for further replies.
traviswrx said:
Alright I have come to the conclusion that I am replacing my cheap Raidmax power supply soon. I don't want a low quality one, or a loud one. My computer is quiet, and I have been working hard to get it this way, so I would like my power supply to comply with my noise levels, if you know what I mean. Hmm, ok. I would like a dark colored one, like a black one. If it comes with fan LEDs, thats cool I guess. Needs to carry good voltage and not fluctuate(spelling) much. A high voltage isn't necessary, but I want one. My computer only needs about 330watts, but I will be upgrading a lot of the stuff before I upgrade the power supply again. So, with that said, anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks. Oh BTW, pre-wire sleeving would be AWESOME!

Thanks,
Travis.
Here is exactly what you need:
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=S47ATX
Best brand there is, quiet, black, 470W, and sleeved wires.

The link i posted is a thermaltake purepower 420 watt. should be plenty. i ran a system very similar to urs (p4 2.4ghz, not 2.8ghz) on a 230 watt PSU. The thermaltake purepower i posted should be fine.

As for the Ultra X-Connect, i have one, its nice, but ud prolly be better off with an antec/thermaltake/OCZ

He has no need for PC Power and Cooling, thermaltake is not that far behind them.

Honestly, Ultra's suck. Their are a cheap chiniesse power supply in a nice looking box. Modular PSU's also can add too much resistance, it's true.

Yea, but I don't mind getting more then I need. I posted that I don't feel like upgrading my PSU for a while after this. I actually liked what ABO posted, but should I stay clear of this or what?

EDIT: What brands should I look for then?

traviswrx said:
Yea, but I don't mind getting more then I need. I posted that I don't feel like upgrading my PSU for a while after this. I actually liked what ABO posted, but should I stay clear of this or what?

EDIT: What brands should I look for then?
No, you should not steer clear of it. They are just saying that because they feel that it is to expensive, and they feel that a thermaltake is just as good. PCP&C is the best brand you can get for a PSU. Period. If you can afford it, I say go for it.

PCP&C is ahead of thermaltake but thermaltake is still one of the better PSU's expisally for the money

PCP&C is the best brand out there. That being said, there is nothing wrong with thermaltake. nothing at all - they are a very good brand. PCP&C also is more expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom