My new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just a table with the parts screwed into it.

The parts are actualy inside the table top and on the side of the table, BUILT INTO it.

If you still can't visualize it, I'll try to make some type of attachment or something to describe it.

I agree that it its ugly, its still a table though ;)

Are all the parts in your table going to be boxed into the top of it somehow?

Not all of them, the motherboard & expansion cars will be mounted normally to the right, as if it was in a normal case, on the right table leg. I guess you shouldn't really call it a leg, it'll just be a thick layer with the other side being the same, but we'll call that a cabinent becuase I'm not doing anything with that. It's going to have atleast 4 power supplies, Because the table itself will be about 5" thick, with wood on the bottom covered by a sheet of aluminum, on top of that is where the disk drives will be mounted, with some long arse IDE cables running from them to the side of the motherboard, the whole back of it will be cut out and it iwll consist of a whole row of UV lighted Fans (of various colors) The top will be some type of hardened metal (not aluminum. it bends. duh.with a few blowholes cut around the disk drives to relieve heat, behind that, to show the pretty row of UV fans, there will be a window cut out for the length of the table, there will also be two cooling fans in the front left of the table, but will probably end up being 40mm fans or something, I will spray everything wtih UV coating (cuse I'm a blacklight geek like that) And will actually work a way to get a 2.0 speaker system built into the table, but still have the option for a better set (y'know, I'll just make a cord that cna unplug from the back) There'll be lots of other stuff in it (hence all the power supplies) Hopefully I'll have enough info to post more about it. It's going to be PRETTY. I'm going to custom airbrush the whole top. I've already painted the mouse & keyboard

I saw one like what you are discribing but I can't find where now... It came in two styles... One being Blue the other brushed aluminum. The top was made of glass and had all the stuff attached to the bottom of the top. The CPU was accessable from the front like a drawer and the drives were all mounted in the Drawer front. There were 8 drive bays if I remember correctly. The Unit was very nice looking and only like $300 dollars. Fit ATX cases and had built in neons if I do recall...
I'll post again later if I find the site...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom