What to upgrade now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I have a Dell Demension 2350 from 2001 that was stock. I just put in a ati radeon 9250 pci 256mb, 2 512 sticks of Value Ram from Kingston and a Sony Dvd/Cd Burner with a Dvd/Cd reader. I have a 2.8 ghz 533fsb maybe 800fsb from a friend but my motherboard is so crappy it runs at half the speed. Any ideas on what to upgrade now or what to get. I have a $1,000 budget.

For $1000, you could build a MUCH better PC yourself. In fact, I am not going to help you if you decide not to buid new. If all you have is PCI, there is no point in sinking that much money into an upgrade.

dude, that dell is a piece of crap and it won't get any better; you're gonna have to get a new computer

AMD64 3200+ Venice
DFI lanparty ultra-d
1gb twinMOS ram
seagate 80gb sata HDD (could be bigger if u need more space)
OCZ Modstream 520W
NEC 3510A dvd-rw
eVGA 6600gt (maybe 6800gt if you could afford it? it's about 200 more though)
case

well i was thinking more or less to keeping the case or should i just sell the pc and start from scratch. I was going to build a new pc but my mom said i couldnt so i spent some cash like 250 getting it to play games ok and shes like ok you can so now im short some money.

AB0 said:
For $1000, you could build a MUCH better PC yourself.

Ouch, even $500 could get you a MUCH BETTER pc than that dell.

I just build a pc for my friend and her husband for $700.

uhh..maybe the build i suggested?

btw, that dell case sucks and is way too small

edit: if you're gonna buy in summer, then just wait for the new G70's and R520's from ATi and nVidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom