Unable to delete folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i tried all of the suggested ideas but none of them seemed to work anyone else got any ideas?

What the name of the empty folder and have you tried to view all system files selection in folder options? right click on it and see how big the folder is also..

can you change any of the attributes of the folder?

if you cant even tamper with the attributes, you have a real problem on your hands and the answer might just be this: "fix it the Serian way:)" (HD format and re-install windows)

But, if you can change the attributes:

try setting the folder to read-only and press ok to make the change.

then

go back to the folders properties and remove the read-only check and press ok.

Perhaps something went wrong and is making the folder think that it is "read-only" when there is no check(simple software problem) so, by making it 'read-only' then not 'read-only' windows will overwrite the faulty properties section of the file.

does that make sense?

Warez Monster said:
What the name of the empty folder and have you tried to view all system files selection in folder options? right click on it and see how big the folder is also..

True, true. I have had problems deleting files when the name of the file was way too long. that is easy to fix in the cmd prompt considering everything gets shortened to 8char file names.

wow. Run a windows repair and then delete it maybe? sheeshh..What about one of those free file nuker programs do those actually work? I tried one once for a piece of spyware in a folder that wouldnt delete and it didnt work for crap!So I havent been a believer of those types of proggies.

cerberus98 said:
i just put them on there so i could use the cd that they were on. I then deleted them and then tried to delete the folder but that didnt sem to go the way i planned. I had no trouble deleting the mp3s.

did you copy the entire folder from the CD? did you make a new folder and then just put the mps's in it? was the folder an existing folder before you used it to put in the mp3's?

what is the size of the folder?

what is the folders name?

have you tried the attribute switch?

the size is 0kb because its completely empty
The name of it is Mp3 Temp
And i tried the attrib switch but that didnt work

How bad do you want this file gone?

If it just kinda annoys you, then see if you can make it hidden and then it will kinda be gone.

If you are willing yo do anything, then fix your PC “SERIAN STYLE” :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom