Question for those TT Purepower PSU owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

espeed

In Runtime
Ive had 2 480W purepower PSU units from Thermaltake over the past 5 months, one obviously being a replacement for the original one I purchased. my problem with the origninal one was that I could hear a very noticable static/buzzing type noise coming from the PSU when it was turned off (obviously it cant be heard when its going). You have to be within a few feet of the PC to here it, but if you put you head down by the case its very apparent. Well anywayz, the replacement is doing the exact same thing! Im beginning to wonder if this can be considered normal. I want to know from other pure power owners if they have experienced this kind of sound eminating from the the PSU. Im worried the damn thing will just blow one day lol.

Even though I am not an owner of that particular PSU, I think it's an in house eletrical wiring thing, something like too much crosstalk on your electrical lines.

yeah, im beginning to wonder if its an inhouse problem to. Im hoping its nothing serious :confused:

By the way, ive put this in the wrong forum, it really should be apart of hardware forum, can a mod move it please.

Do you have a multimeter laying around to measure your electrical lines crosstalk and crap?

is it possible that this sort of interference in my electrical lines can cause damage to my components?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom