Pridurak

In Runtime
First I my specs
eVGA 6800GT
160gb western digital hd
3500+ 64 AMD
NEO 2 Platinium Nforce 3
I am on ADSL High Speed

Anyways its a pretty fast computer but I get lag when I play on the net. Its very strange, My brothers computer whom has the same specs but a 3800+ pings much better than me in high graphic parts. It generaly does this in all games I play. Even my friend whom set up a lan at my house and brought his computer has a better ping than me and his computer is 2 years old. It is fine if there are not a tonne of people connected to the server and there arent intense graphic work. but when there isnt my computer ping shoots straight up but it doesnt effect anyone else. Single player I can handle it all.

for exaple I am playing 26+ ppl in a server for CS or BF1942 or whatever and my ping jumps from 140 to 600 in game while my friend on the same network with a slower computer stays at a relatively consistant 70. ?? I mean whats going on here sometimes my ping will even jump to 900. below 20 ppl I can handle witha constant 70 ping

first, you're gonna need to find faster servers, not any random server you see

second, your ISP probably sucks or your DSL modem is outdated or something

Anyone know what could be wrong? I am willing to try almost anything. Oh I've reformatted an it didnt change anything. I've tweaked around with my video card and it didnt change anyting. Maybe I should get windows XP 64 bit edition?

diabloII said:
first, you're gonna need to find faster servers, not any random server you see

second, your ISP probably sucks or your DSL modem is outdated or something

no no that doenst make sense. I dont choose a random server. if you read my post it says my friend was playin on the same network same server as me and I lag 5 times as much as him when tehre are 20+ players in the room? his computer is 2 years old. We are on the same network so its not an ISP problem. its high speed ADSL. Not a piece of crap

Ping problems are not related to the actual PC itself in 99% of cases

For CS try these commands

rate 9999
cl_rate 9999

DJ-CHRIS said:
Ping problems are not related to the actual PC itself in 99% of cases

For CS try these commands

rate 9999
cl_rate 9999

I'll try that thnx. but I have a feeling it could be my network drivers glitching or some weird windows glitch. does that make sense?

might be your monitor

open cs:s, click on option, go to video tab, then click on advanced

make sure you have vsync disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom