Why Can't I download a file over 4 gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
killians45 said:
well, to just convert the c: drive the command is:

c:\>convert c: /fs:ntfs <ENTER>

it will then convert the fat32 to ntfs. Do this at your own expense AND back up any important files (I've done this before without problems BUT it is possible to have issues doing this)! Do this at the command prompt. Reboot. If it takes awhile to reboot let it FINISH! Do NOT turn it off and back on after the first initial reboot unless sure it is a failure. I've seen to many people get worried and shut it off after only a few minutes of the first initial reboot.

I was off by one of those > things and it jack my system up. the guy who site explain it was vague in the procedure

I don't remember what my partition type was but im pretty sure it was NTFS, I had a crossover cable between my friend's laptop and when he tried transfering a file that was like 4.05 GB it wouldnt transfer and said the disk is full...weird stuff

Thanks. I will use that information, and at this moment in time I am downloading the file to a ntfs hard drive altough the download manager is on a fats32 drive, I hope that does not upset things,
but I will know soon!!

Pals

Hi again the link for the below does not work where might I get this software from?

The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax for floppy and the Powermax Cd.iso Boot (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)

I still have a problem with downloading the 4 gig + file
I have a NTFS H/D but the file was originally downloaded to a fats32 the download would terminat at 96.4% of 4.15 gigs but would always go back to 96.1% so I cut and pasted it too my NTFS drive, but still the same problem?
I was wondering because the downloading program DC++ is on My fats32 H/D could this be a problem? and would it be a problem that the main bulk of the program that I was downloading was on the fat32 H/D?

Very Grateful for your Help Pals P.S I really don't want to give up

dont even use IE. it gives so much errors on my computer. I use netscape 7.2. It includes pop-up blocker and download manager.

talldude123 said:
dont even use IE. it gives so much errors on my computer. I use netscape 7.2. It includes pop-up blocker and download manager.

Get version 8. it is in my signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom