Xbox 360 has more power than a PC? WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev946

Solid State Member
Why does Xbox 360 have 9.6 GHZ and the best computer ive seen so far has like 3.4 GHZ?? Im super pi$$ed that a freeking CONSOLE is better than my PC

it doesnt work like that. u cant just add up the speeds of the xbox 360 cores. post anythin about the 360 in the thread where the rest of the info is please

But still, 3.4 GHZ POWER PC :grr:

It's graphics will probolly suck though, ATI R520, ATI will release R580 probolly shortly after 520 is released

kev946 said:
Why does Xbox 360 have 9.6 GHZ and the best computer ive seen so far has like 3.4 GHZ?? Im super pi$$ed that a freeking CONSOLE is better than my PC

nooooooooooooooooooooob.

actually, as far as the latest leaks go the graphics will be amazing. It uses powerpc architecture all the way, were the lcache is directly writen and read from from the GPU. Plus dx10 (I think) is used. Also, each of its core has its own seperate L1 and L2 cache. So, yes... it will be faster than most modern systems AND is somewhat upgradable. There are memory modules to increase RAM. However, all though it is powerful its upgrading is fairly limited compared to a normal PC. So consoles (although this one is gonna be awesome) will always have that limiting factor. I for one plan to get one.

If you ask me, console will never be better than PC (not to start a war about this topic or anything).

Consoles are better then PC's are what they are ment to do but they will never be better then a PC in general.

-Ryan

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah this should have gone in the already created Xbox thread :rolleyes:

Latency will kill it.

Anyways, 3.2 gighertz x3 is faster than you've ever heard cauze it's the NEXT GENERATION (not star trek, mind you).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom