XBOX 360 pics and info

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrBebop26 said:
The only reason it dominated, sales wise, is because of the loyal and the fact that Xbox was new to the market. Also I did not say it was outdated I am saying that the only real great use for Blu-Ray to my imagination would be backing up or one time applications, anything else and were all going to be using mini-HD or something like a new SD. Also I have done some reasearch so before you start flaming me and calling me an adolescent, which is quite childish on its own, you should really read it a couple times and thing instead of automaticly having something againest it.

Because I dont understand what your saying becuase, this portion of what you said makes no sense, please restate this; "How is Xbox 360 working with more with their CPU??????"

-Ryan

You said you think Blu-Ray is getting outdated. That is ridiculous. It isn't even out yet. Like I said Blu-Ray is going against DVD-HD for the new broadcast standard. Could you imagine watching a movie on Blu-Ray? The quality will be amazing. We are talking about multimedia here. The PS3 will be a multimedia beast. That is why it could cost $400 more than the Xbox 360.

Look you admitted you are an Xbox fanboy and I don't blame you I like Xbox I am a huge Halo 2 fan and will buy Xbox 360 but I can tell that your bias influences your argument.

You said Xbox 360 does more with its CPU.

"looking at the raw facts its that the 360 is working with more"

If I mistook that specifically for the CPU then I apologize. To me the cell processor technology is a greater innovation than what Xbox 360 has. Whether or not it will be more powerful although industry experts do believe that the PS3 will be more powerful cannot be known until more details is released. If I read that wrong that is my fault.

I'm not childish I am saying your argument structure is adolescent. If you took that offensively then I apologize I meant you should structure your arguments better.

Fact is that the technology innovation that will be in the PS3 are better than the Xbox 360. No where did I say that PS3 will be better than the Xbox 360. It will probably be more powerful but to me a console's success comes from its game selection. That is what derailed Xbox because PS2 had such a strong installed base with consumers and developers. MS looks like they have learned their lesson. Their marketing for Xbox 360 is incredible. I compare it to Apple IPod's strategy...trying manuever it into a pop culture icon. But Sony has immense reputation among industry leaders that they could leverage more so than MS. Don't forget that Sony was a newcomer in the console market once and they showed they can dominate first movers.

Honestly, you like Xbox 360 I can tell that but look at all your prior posts you can't possibly tell me your bias did not influence your arguments.

If a new Halo is the only thing they can come up with, count me out. I am so freaking sick of Halo its not even funny. Every time I go over to my friends house all we do is play Halo, and after 3 hours that game can get pretty darn boring. I have never understood what it so appealing about that game. I mean I own 1 and 2, and I haven't touched them for at least 6 months. I don't think I have ever sat down for 5 minutes and played my own copy of Halo 2. They just don't interest me. They remind me of every other FPS out., and yet people sit down and play them for hours on end like they have never seen a game out like that before. Not to be rude or anything, but a new Halo is not going to be the game attracting me to the New Xbox.

Its not so much that I am a huge fan of Xbox or Xbox 360 or even PlayStation, it is the fact that to many people get to hyped up before anything comes out. Same thing with the Xbox 360, they aruged over it tooth and nail saying it was going to be something and it turned out to be completly different. With a single cell processor I am not sure that it will be more powerful then the 3 dual core processors that the 360 has, it will be very very close though. It does come down to game selection though that is true.

Another thing is PS3 could easly be more powerful in the long run because they have another year and a half over Microsoft. I believe that they are going to be emensly different and yet the same. The specs and games will tell.

PS I am a fanboy of just about anything technology, including Sony and its new arival, PS3.

-Ryan

Blackmoore said:
If a new Halo is the only thing they can come up with, count me out. I am so freaking sick of Halo its not even funny. Every time I go over to my friends house all we do is play Halo, and after 3 hours that game can get pretty darn boring. I have never understood what it so appealing about that game. I mean I own 1 and 2, and I haven't touched them for at least 6 months. I don't think I have ever sat down for 5 minutes and played my own copy of Halo 2. They just don't interest me. They remind me of every other FPS out., and yet people sit down and play them for hours on end like they have never seen a game out like that before. Not to be rude or anything, but a new Halo is not going to be the game attracting me to the New Xbox.

Exactly. The console market do not consists of tech innovator consumers like PC enthusiasts. They are gamers. That is why game selection will determine whether Xbox 360 or PS3 will succeed more not hardware. If hardware was the biggest determinant of success the Atari Jaguar should have wiped Nintendo and Sega off the planet. Xbox should have dominated PS2.

Its only a rumor that another Halo is going to come out. I am geting sick of them also, good games but old. The thing I wanna see is Project Gothem Racing 3, ohh I dont care what system it comes out for as long as the graphics are as good of looking as I have seen in previews.

-Ryan

MrBebop26 said:

Another thing is PS3 could easly be more powerful in the long run because they have another year and a half over Microsoft.

-Ryan

Oh I will never argue with you about this. That is true. They have a longer developmental time. I study management of technology innovation and there is a reason why early movers often succeed over first movers. They can learn from first mover mistakes but Sony with PS3 will be a first mover in its own right with the debut of cell processor technology and Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is superior to DVD-HD but DVD-HD has advantages such as I believe it is backward compatible where as Blu-Ray never existed before PS3. Sony is notorious for trying to get the industry to adopt to THEIR standards. They have failed in many respects like their fiasco with their Walkman brand and their reluctance to use mp3 technology.

I find this Xbox 360 vs. PS3 will be a very good thing for the console market. Because lets face it Nintendo is a joke. It is also good for the multimedia market because the PS3 will be revolutionary in that aspect. Also if PS3 costs $700 and Xbox 360 $350 you would expect that it is more powerful too.

Should be a good and interesting battle especially for us geek heads.

I think the thing I hate is having to decide what one to buy, I dont know if I can save enough for both! Its not the fact that both cost 400 because I think over a year I can get both but its games for both. I have this weird peve that I have to buy games I can never really just rent them.

-Ryan

I rented halo every weekend for an entire year, and finaly got my own copy for $10 at walmart here lol. Now if they only had halo 2 for rent... I guess im the ONLY halo fan around now in days....

MrBebop26 said:
I think the thing I hate is having to decide what one to buy, I dont know if I can save enough for both! Its not the fact that both cost 400 because I think over a year I can get both but its games for both. I have this weird peve that I have to buy games I can never really just rent them.

-Ryan

You know whats crazy I only want Xbox 360 for the next gen Halo although I am pretty sure once I get it I will buy more games. Jade Empire for Xbox was awesome. But when it comes to things like Unreal 3 or HL3 I would rather play that on PC. I am a huge Halo 2 fan even my gf gets jealous. Me and my buds basically had a Halo 2 day when it was released.

I think PS3 will have more games that I'm attracted to because I'm Asian.

charles_scott said:
I rented halo every weekend for an entire year, and finaly got my own copy for $10 at walmart here lol. Now if they only had halo 2 for rent... I guess im the ONLY halo fan around now in days....

You know what rules? I'm also a huge Incubus fan and when they did the soundtrack for Halo 2 I almost orgasmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom