Overclocking Vid Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

brylax23

In Runtime
What is the easiest way to OC a eVGA 6600GT? A program or something..and what should i oc it to

I'm going to give you the same advice somebody gave me for my 6800GT... but it could be way off. Go to http://www.guru3d.com/ and click on download. Then click on "graphics card- overclocking and tweaking". Look for Cool Bits. Download this and load it into your registry. At least check this out... I am almost positive it'll work for the 6600GT also.

Once loaded, right click the desktop, click properties, click settings, and click advanced. You should see your graphics card as a tab at the top. When you click on the tab, the side menu should have something on it about clock speed. Just click on that. From there, do a manual overclock and change the 2D to 3D. Then you can click to find the optimal settings. Of course, when you select your settings, you don't want to make them too high. Also, make sure your card doesn't overheat.

I couldn't get rivatuner to work for some reason. Didn't recognize the dat file or something and wouldn't open the exe file. I dont' know... I'll have to fiddle with it.

Wayniac said:
I'm going to give you the same advice somebody gave me for my 6800GT... but it could be way off. Go to http://www.guru3d.com/ and click on download. Then click on "graphics card- overclocking and tweaking". Look for Cool Bits. Download this and load it into your registry. At least check this out... I am almost positive it'll work for the 6600GT also.

Once loaded, right click the desktop, click properties, click settings, and click advanced. You should see your graphics card as a tab at the top. When you click on the tab, the side menu should have something on it about clock speed. Just click on that. From there, do a manual overclock and change the 2D to 3D. Then you can click to find the optimal settings. Of course, when you select your settings, you don't want to make them too high. Also, make sure your card doesn't overheat.

how could anything i say ever be "way off" :D

Were you the one that gave me that advice? Well, I forgot to thank you, so BTW, thanks:)

I appreciate it.

What are good settings to start off as. Im uising RIVATuner should I apply overclocking @ startup..its one of the options..thanks

yes, apply at startup

also, you should start with 5/10mhz increments and runs 3dmark05 to make sure there's no artifacting//overheating

you should be aiming for around 400/1100, but if your card can't handle it, then don't go that high (if you have a good brand like eVGA then you can probably reach that speed)

oh crap, you have a 6600gt, i thought you had a 6800gt

anyways, 525/1050 should be good for everyday use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom