Will this graphics card work with this Motherboard???

Status
Not open for further replies.
do not buy from syntax PERIOD.

TD always over prices I can get a gt for that same price at newegg

it'd be stupid and pointless to buy a 4x card like was suggested, the 6600GT will be fine and the difference between 4x and 8x really isn't that huge, so it'll still perform quite good and play games nice....plus as you yourself have said you'll be ready when you upgrade

DJ-CHRIS said:
Not virtually unnoticable, actually unnoticeable with tests done with a 6600GT

is that true? wow. so what about a 6800 or an X800 class card? will they lose performance or what?

They won't really lose that much performance at all, it's not a drastic drop or anything.

The fact that it is a 4x board would suggest you had probably a slower CPU and RAM which would limit the overall performance more than the 4x slot

I doubt that anyone has tried it but, I bet there is a way to tweek my motherboard up to an 8x slot... it is new and there is a posibility that a new bios will come out

No... its a hard ware thing. 8x doubles the bandwidth excessable to the AGP card. If you try to double the bandwidth of the slot, your burn it out.

BIOS will not fix this.

I am probably in denial, but is there not a possibility that it can be brought up higher than 4x even if it is only 4.2 or something... although none of this matters, most of of the people on this forum say that the difference between 4 and 8x is unnoticable.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
is that true? wow. so what about a 6800 or an X800 class card? will they lose performance or what?

Not sure, personally I havnt ran the testing on it. I can only test with my 6600GT, but from what's said it isnt big

However any board that supports 4x wont support a very powerful CPU or RAM as well

And its not possible to "tweak" your motherboard to 8x due to the actual hardware difference.

why can you only test with your 6600?

if there is no difference between 4x and 8x, than why the hell are we wasting our time with PCI-E running at 16x if we haven't filled up the 8x slot yet?

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
why can you only test with your 6600?

if there is no difference between 4x and 8x, than why the hell are we wasting our time with PCI-E running at 16x if we haven't filled up the 8x slot yet?

Ever heard of marketing, as well as I believe PCI-E is cheaper to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom