my card skips with some games? is it my memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok i got athlon 2500/1.8 ghz 384 ram/ ati radeon 9500 pro it has 8 pipe lines 4 rendering engines 275 core 540 memory and thats stock ok the card is pretty good but when i play games like FAR CRY. it skips i play it on max details 1024/768 . well if i play it max details on 640/480 it does the same skip every time i run up on like 2 people. and even with morrowind elder scrolls 3. that has to be the most ungraphical game ever but it has big levels so its my memory right? because my card is actually better than 9600 xt. seein is i have double its pipelines.

don't take any offense to what i say, but it's the truth:

1.) that 9500pro is WAY outdated and is crap now, the 9600xt is crap as well
2.) 384mb ram doesn't seem enough IMO, 512 is minimal and 1 gig is optimal
3.) athlon XP 2500+ seems good enough
4.) what drivers are you using? stock? try using new catalyst drivers (can be found at www.ati.com)

i think this is problem a gfx driver problem (also, there is no way you can run 1024/768 max w/o stuttering because you can't handle it)

We call that lagging. It means that your comp's not fast enough to keep up, and you either need to turn down your settings or upgrade your comp. Don't play w/ full details on. It taxes your comp more than if your played w/ better resoultion.

It might be the card; Better resoultions and more graphic details are passed on to the GPU to compute. And double the pipelines do not mean double the speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom