What is differebce between 478/775

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak1976

Baseband Member
Sorry, I've always been AMD up till now, but a guy wants me to spec him a 3GHZ P4 with HT...... which one is it, Prescott, Northwood or the 530?

Also can anyone suggest a compatible board with firewire and onboard 5.1 (min) sound. No Intel stuff seems to have firewire on!

well i can tell you it's a 775

478 is for older CPU's

and could you describe more detailed? i don't get what you're saying

I need a board to go with a 775 then 800FSB, 3 or 4 DIMMS, onboard 5.1 pr 6 channel audio and 1394 firewire.

Prefer AGP...... have to help me on the DDR or DDR 2 question...... never had that choice on my AMD.

go PCI express and stick to DDR400

Socket LGA775 - is like the socket made for dummies... It's REALLY easy to install and it's actually a nice design... The metal bracket used to secure the CPU is a very nice touch... When removing the HS & FAN the cpu won't come up with it.

Although, one of the bad things about it is the HS & FAN installation can be a bit of a pain in the @ZZ. THere are four hole in the MOBO, where you insert four plastic pins and with a screw driver you must gently press down and twist the plastic pins so that the pins lock themselves into the MOBO. You need to do this in a very gentle manor... too much pressure and they snap, too little pressure and they won't seat properly... Also, you need to attach two diagonally from each other first. Then the other two... Any other way may warp the MOBO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom