XBOX 360 pics and info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius, watch the video on ourcolony, it talks about water cooled cpu. Probally just heatpipes though, with convection currents, not a pump.
I wasn't even aware of there being a video.

I'm not a damned 14 year old, how many damned times do i have to tell you I'M 16
oooooh 16 my mistake, huge difference, practically an adult now.......

anyway, xbox, or PS3....point is when it comes to that it's stupid to be like NO WAY MAAAAN XBOX PWNSSSS, because either way theres games I'll like for both and both will have ridiculous graphics.....I enjoy games across all consoles because there will always be a game over on one that's not on the other that'll be fun.

Also, it's been said a hundred times now that no Intel has nothing to do with the CPU this time around

Its not close to the architecture of a G5, it was a custom design. Those were only rummors of it being like that. Its a Microsoft product, they are not going to use a G5 design in the most remote, that would be admiting defeat. It would most likly be more like a AMD then anything else.

-Ryan

SteveGTA said:
i find it hard to believe just because enless sony really tries to cheapen it up, then ps3 will have a better processor since xbox and ps3's CPU's are both being made by IBM (along with the new nintendo i think?)

Why would it make one better if they were made by the same people? That is the worst argument in the world, by the way I want to see Sony's 3, yes THREE, 3.2Ghz, DUAL CORE processors. And though it is an ATI, it is a good design for the video card. I think the people at Sony are crapping their pants right now because of the new Xbox. Sorry but I hate Microsoft for being greedy but the guy that designed it and brought it to Microsoft is a 100000% game lover.

-Ryan

MrBebop26 said:
Why would it make one better if they were made by the same people? That is the worst argument in the world, by the way I want to see Sony's 3, yes THREE, 3.2Ghz, DUAL CORE processors. And though it is an ATI, it is a good design for the video card. I think the people at Sony are crapping their pants right now because of the new Xbox. Sorry but I hate Microsoft for being greedy but the guy that designed it and brought it to Microsoft is a 100000% game lover.

-Ryan

Sony's CPU is a joint venture between Sony, IBM, and Toshiba. Together they have spent over $400 million on developing the cell processor which the PS3 will use. It's been in development since 2001. The cell processor is "suppose" to be the next gen processor.

http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/cpu/cell-1.ars
http://www-1.ibm.com/businesscenter...featurearticle/gcl_xmlid/8649/nav_id/emerging
http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/597/sony_cell_processor
http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050207_160318.html

Of course the investment will extend beyond just consoles. In terms of processor technology it is a much greater innovation than what Xbox 360 has.

PS3 will be more powerful than the Xbox 360. Most industry experts agree on this but real specs haven't been revealed yet. But what is for sure is the use of the cell processor and blu-ray drive. Both true next gen tech that extend beyond just console gaming.

that "cell" technology PS3 will be using is supposed to be freakin ridiculous, and not only that might even start becoming what we'll see as desktop CPUs in the future

Nubius said:
that "cell" technology PS3 will be using is supposed to be freakin ridiculous, and not only that might even start becoming what we'll see as desktop CPUs in the future

Yeah I wanna know more about it but Sony, IBM, and Toshiba won't release major details until they showcase PS3. It is supposedly 10 times more powerful than the best PC processors as of Feb 2005.

I can't wait for PS3 unveiling at E3. I doubt they are scared of Xbox. Sony is a hardware technology pioneer. Microsoft is not.

Another interesting article:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9075-1475581,00.html

Nubius said:
I wasn't even aware of there being a video.

oooooh 16 my mistake, huge difference, practically an adult now.......

anyway, xbox, or PS3....point is when it comes to that it's stupid to be like NO WAY MAAAAN XBOX PWNSSSS, because either way theres games I'll like for both and both will have ridiculous graphics.....I enjoy games across all consoles because there will always be a game over on one that's not on the other that'll be fun.

Also, it's been said a hundred times now that no Intel has nothing to do with the CPU this time around

First off--> wtf is wrong with being 16? We talk just the same as you do - and last I checked there wasn't an 'age limit' with the Internet based Tech-Forums.

Back to topic.... The worst move MS made was ditching the HD. The coolest thing was playing music in game, and now all 360 the games are allowing you to play sound in the background regardless of their output. Is it true you can buy a Hard Drive on the side and have it be external?

They haven't got a no harddrive option, there will be a 20gig harddrive standard (on the side,) and you can upgrade it. I will find the video, as they have taken it off of ourcolony, I have it on my pc though.

Edit: I found the video off of gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6124293/p-3.html The video at the top (the one with the bald guy)

If you want hi res, I can up load the one on my pc if needed, but that video off of gamespot is the same.

Microsoft will pair the IBM processor with an advanced 500MHz ATI graphics chip. The ATI chip will have "48-way parallel floating-point dynamically-scheduled shader pipelines." Today's PC desktop video cards max out at 16 pipelines, but the technologies aren't quite the same. The new ATI graphics chip will be based on a new unified shader model that processes vertex and pixels through the same multipurpose pipelines. Current PC video cards have pipelines dedicated to pixel processing or vertex processing. ATI's current top-of-the-line Radeon X850 XT PE graphics chip, for example, has 16-pixel pipelines and 6-vertex pipelines. We don't know how these new hybrid pipelines will perform compared to the older, dedicated pipeline designs, but with 48 of 'em, we're betting that the next-gen ATI chip will live up to expectations.

Does anyone know how those 48 pipelines, compare to a 16 pipeline card? e.g. 6800u even though they are not technically the same, or are they only related by name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom