Video Card Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe u, me or anyone shouldnt be putting down ATI fanboys, because there are realy only 2 GFX card makers that i know of. and if one of them stops producing, GFX cards will be monopolized by the other company. Then the cards will no longer be priced competitivly and the consumer will suffer. so i think fanboys help hold these prices down, and provide funding for competitive new released technologys.

so my advice...
buy whatever the **** you wont, fanboy.

I own 2 systems:

(1) nVIDIA (2) 6800u's SLI / FX-55
(2) ATI (1) X800XT PE / P4 3.4GHz

Overall the 1st one is much better - Benchmarks & performance overall.

But, the second on can do anything the first on can, just not as good on a benchmark level. Games are just as impressive as the first one. You don't see much of a difference. But when you run a bench, there's a huge difference....

beedubaya said:
It won't look bad....heck the Quake 3 engine doesn't look bad if its applied right, but who wants to pay $400 for a card, or even $800 for an X850XT P.E. to only play in DX8.1 mode. I think game developers should write Pixel Shader 2.0 paths for ATI users. Nvidia must be paying them a lot of money to compensate for the loss of sales from ATI users. Then again, ATI fanboys are starting to say things like "its not about the graphics." LOL...buy a $900 card and then say that...pshhht

I was uneducated when i bought my X850 XT... :( I was planning on a 6800 GT, but i got my comp from cyberpower, and the X850 XT was only $50 more.

lol :D

i do a bit of video editing so the extra memory is nice. As for the PSU...i read good reviews of it. a friend has it, he loves it. i like it too.

beedubaya said:
It won't look bad....heck the Quake 3 engine doesn't look bad if its applied right, but who wants to pay $400 for a card, or even $800 for an X850XT P.E. to only play in DX8.1 mode. I think game developers should write Pixel Shader 2.0 paths for ATI users. Nvidia must be paying them a lot of money to compensate for the loss of sales from ATI users. Then again, ATI fanboys are starting to say things like "its not about the graphics." LOL...buy a $900 card and then say that...pshhht

Ok this is where our opinions clash

-Nvidia is not paying the game manafactuers to code in PS2, and ATI isnt paying them to code in PS2. PS3 will be required in HL2 and we all know about the HL2 \ ATI moula moula thing.

-PS 2 is a royal pain in the @ss to code in, it will cost game manafactuers alot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom