Windows XP licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdinkel

Daemon Poster
Got a bit of a question... I have a laptop that i got to replace my french-fried CPU(refer to "I'm an Idiot" post).. question I have is, I've got a license of the XP Home upgrade. Say I were to install XP on the laptop, and I delete the OS from the old HDD ( hoping to get a mounting kit). Since I technically only am running one license, and when I call Microsoft to ask them to give me a new activation deal, what will they say?

Ideas anyone? If not, I guess I'll have to go and find a license of XP pro.. don't want to have to do that though.

they shouldnt say nothing.
hell if i ever bought a windows xp, id throw it on all the computers i can, my familys, my friends, even strangers. !
microsoft is a huge money sucking company, its sad they even charge schools alot of money for the crap that they sell.

anyways, just call them, tell them what happend and if they do say no u cant do that, tell them u want to talk to bill gates now, and keep bitching at them until they do! or just ask for someone higher then them and say how bad a customer service rep they were..

well thats all ic an say, thats what i would do :)

Another stupid question then... if i can do it legally, where is their phone number or email i can contact them with... didn't really find it on the website.

I guess maybe i need to rephrase my question: I've already had to reinstall XP 3 times on the old computer, and I don't know if Windows XP will successfully activate a 4th time. I just want to make sure it all works before I start the exodus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom