setup stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomW

In Runtime
I got some different DIMM modules in the computer I am working on, and now it goes as far as the screen with the info that says what is installed and at the bottom it says verifying DMI pool data............. and it sits there. I can get into setup with holding delete button after hitting reset. In setup the set defaults don't work but F5 load old settings works. Anyone have any ideas on this one? Tom

OK I will have to write all the stuff down, don't know all of it off the top of my head. I will post it in a little while. Tom

M5ALA ver 2.0 board, AMD K6-2\500AFQ, 2.2 core, 3.3 I/O, CPU. Bigfoot 6 GB hard drive, cpu clock:506, cache memory 512K, cache L2 type pipe burst, SDRAM at rows 0 1 2 3. Apollo 7400 video card, no sound card at the moment ordered one and not here yet, 2 32MB DIMM modules, no OS, old DIMM would make PC just make one long beep and no screen. I cleared bios/cmos, now I can set defaults but still only goes to verifying DMI pool data. I hope this is the stuff you need to know, if you need something else let me know and Iwill try and find it. Could no sound card be the problem? I will feel real dumb if that is a problem, LOL. I forgot to say it makes one short beep after turning on. Tom

The hard drive I got off E-bay and it is formated and partitioned. The mother board looks the same as the old one to me eccept it has 3 DIMM slots instead of 2 but I don't really know what I am looking at or for. I have the books for both boards would that tell us what you need to know? Is windows all stored on the hard drive or is it on different parts of the system If it would help I could hook up the hard drive to the packard bell and install windows on it. I tried to restart it with 98 CD and boot disk in it but it didn't do anything different. How do I go about checking for a update for the board? The board and CPU are from 2 different PCs. What does the battery do on the board? If that is weak what kind of problems would that cause? I will look in the books to see what both board support to see if there is any difference. Tom

Hi again, Thechipset setup says SDRAM CAS Latency : Auto. SDRAM burst x-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 enabled. There are other settings but it says not to change them. I don't know if this is any help this is over my head. Any one have any sugestions on a newer mother board to replace the M5ALA that is not real expencive. Tom

I figured out that I had the wrong speed DIMM installed so I got 2 new 64 DIMM and now it sees them but still stops at verifying DMI pool data............. Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom