Help!!??!! - asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

CThomte7

Baseband Member
Hey, I was on aim earlier and my friend gave me a link when i opened this my computer went crazy. It gave me hundreds of adaware and spyware along with some viruses.

So i was wondering if any one knew how to reformat a harddrive without having the cd or ordering a new one.

I still have the keys, but not the cd.

Find out where this 'friend' lives and beat the crap out of him for giving you an apparent bad link.

Likes been said you can format your drive without a CD, but you will have to have the CD to reinstall it, no other way getting around that.

This dude on msn sent me a link the other day. Anyways yeah it was a virus :angry:. My computer is very well guarded, so nothing happened. Turns out buddy didn't know anything about it. I didn't even know "who" it was until I opened a window and started swearing at him for "trying" to give me a virus. Turned out he was another research student on my team. :-\. My language wasn't very appropriate from hind sight. lol.. Anyways, it turned out that he didn't send it, it was sent automatically b/c buddy had manged to infect his system. :D

Funny b/c it wasn't me :)..

If antispyware programs don't work (try em first), reformat. You don't need XP cd to reformat, but u do need it again to install..... Unless u have an image of ur drive from a previous state stored somewhere.

*sigh* Thanks for your help.

Does any one know of a way to make your computer look like linux or like mac osx if so witch one is better...

IM me on CThomte7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom