Video Card Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

hercules_upw

Daemon Poster
Hello to everyone.

I'm posting links to toms hardware guide because I'm a little tired of the same questions:

Which card/manufacturer is better?

Which card should i get?

Personally, niether one is better than the other. Both companies provide a quality product that will work in most applications.

There are a lot of opinions out there, some for ATI, some for Nvidia. So here's some links to some unbiased tests which show which card is actually performs better in gaming applications.

Finally, I'm NOT trying to start a flame war, I'm just trying to provide information for others who are new to computer building or just want to review the information for themselves. :)

VGA Charts I

VGA Charts II: High-End Systems

VGA Charts II: Mainstream Systems

VGA Charts III

VGA Charts IV: AGP Graphics Cards

VGA Charts V: PCI Express Graphics Cards

Well, it really doesn't matter which cards give better framerates, Pixel Shader 3.0 IS THE FUTURE of gaming from this point on, so until ATI gets a PS3.0 card out, there is NO competition.

when do u think games will start to require ps 3.0? right now its just an option in some games, but when do u think it will be REQUIRED?

It wont be required to run the games, just like you can still "run" games now with a GeForce FX 5200. However, from this point on, it will be REQUIRED if you want the have all the eye candy. Basically, ATI cards are a waste. All these new games everybody is drooling over will require Pixel Shader 3.0 if you want it to look like the demos. Otherwise, expect UT2004 quality graphics, which are mediocre by todays standards.

half life 2 though looks great without PS 3.0..but thats prolly cuz it was coded in DX 9 without using PS 3.0. damnit, im pissed at ATI

thy need a new chart that contains the 6600's and any other such cards missing from the list

yeah just wait until FEAR and STALKER comes out and probably even Area 51 to some degree, don't get me wrong it'll still look amazing like HL2 did even on my FX playing DX8.1, but it'll be those fine subtle details you won't see.

In lego star wars they use HDR and SM3.0....with an ATI card you aren't able to see the little blur effect when a light saber is swung....so like I said basically it'll be all the fine details that make it more realistic you'll probably be missing.

That's retarded that they have a massive card like the X850 and no PS3

It won't look bad....heck the Quake 3 engine doesn't look bad if its applied right, but who wants to pay $400 for a card, or even $800 for an X850XT P.E. to only play in DX8.1 mode. I think game developers should write Pixel Shader 2.0 paths for ATI users. Nvidia must be paying them a lot of money to compensate for the loss of sales from ATI users. Then again, ATI fanboys are starting to say things like "its not about the graphics." LOL...buy a $900 card and then say that...pshhht

But Beedubaya, it really isn't about the graphics. It's about doing well in 3dmark 05. Really, It is.. :D.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom