Upgrading Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
My video card is an NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT. The only thing that I don't really like is how you have to have a power supply cable going directly to it and it can't share the power supply cable with anything else.

My question is this. Would it be better and make my computer faster if in the future I updated my video card and got a new better one, or would it be better for me to get another one that is the same and get dual video cards?

It will be better if you upgrade to the G70 when it hits this fall then to get a second 6800 GT. SLI is unstable because of bugs. The G70 should equal current SLI performance or beat it with just one card. Your 6800GT should get you much farther though being that is has Pixel Shader 3.0. The future of gaming is all about PS3.0, so your card should get you another year or two of playing games on max settings.

charles_scott said:
Dude, you have one of the fastest cards out, so i think your computer is at its fastest lol. faster than mine...

Yeah, I too would love to have a card like that....be thankful for it.

Haha... I know it is good, I was just wondering for future references (far future) what would be best.

I have a 500 watt power supply, but if you are wondering that because I have to have a cable connected directly to it, I do not know why. That is what it said in the instructions booklet, and when I checked online, it said the same thing.

It should be posted on the box that your case came in. Like you kept that. find your case on the Web, and it'll tell you what PSU it comes w/.

Anyways, you shouldn't ask now; you should be having fun w/ that quick new card of yours. You should ask in 2 years or whenever your gunna get your new card. Not critizing or anything, in 2 years anything could happen. AMD could rule the world for that matter.

Have fun w/ your new card!

Yeah, ask in two years, I know...but hey, I got curious when I noticed the other day that some Alienware computers came with dual video cards. Kinda made me wonder how much better dual video cards really are when you compare them to having one really good video card.

Still can't find the power supply make...unless it is the same company that made the case, which would make sense. But here is the link to what my case is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144089

What's the problem, your card consumes more power than the AGP/PCI-E can feed it so it has to get power from an alternative source. It's only one molex connector mate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom