no build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, we know what your talking about. You want a car....try a toyota or a honda...j/k.

well...there are several companies -

Dell - everyone here hates dells, but they...well they're 50% of the market for a reason

HP - expensive, but reletivly high qualitity, lotsa options...ocasionally you find a good deal

Apple - free software, very expensive stuff

Alienware - excellent computers...you pay $500 for the name alienware stamped on your comp

Toshiba - I'm not sure if they make desktops, But their laptops are ok

IBM - last time I checked, they only sold laptops. But they sold that division off to a chinese company

Sony - Just like HP and Toshiba

There are many smaller companies out there that make high-end computers that are pretty good, but they're small, and i can't name any of them.

If I forgot any computers brands, tell me. It's a pretty loose list.

What's your price range, what are you going to use it for?

Ya know...you could also buy a clone computer. If you don't want to build your own computer, but you want to pick what you want in it, check out some clones.

Clone computers are cheaper than computers like Dell and HP too.

emeraldice said:

Dell - everyone here hates dells, but they...well they're 50% of the market for a reason

ibuyerpower.com

And the reason why Dell is popular is because of their extreme advertising and slightly lower prices (and MUCH worse build) than other prebuilt PC manafactuers.

The US genereal public subcombs to advertising too much

we in silicon valley buy macs....anyways dells are fun in schools. I know someone who used one as a 'test computer' for a bios he was testing out. The Bios didn't work...

The reason might be that there are comp illerate people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom