What one cools better

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need a seperate support just to keep that from ripping off your mobo! Looks like a smart design though.

-Ryan

I have a Gigabyte fan for my processor and when it was connected to it, I got temperatures in the mid 50's or so... just browsing the net and such. When it is idle, I'd be lucky to get below 50 (temps are in celsius). However, I've been looking online, and I ordered the Silent Boost K8 heatsink/fan. I've been looking online, and apparently it keeps Athlon processors extremely cool, as it is made for AMD Athlon 64 and AMD Opteron processors. Just search on google for it, and you'll find graphs and such for it that show temperature readings compared to reading from other fans. I'll let you know how it works once I hook it up.

Also, when you get a fan and heatsink, make sure you have good thermal gel. You'll probably want to get that Arctic Silver stuff. It works great I hear. I plan on borrowing some from a friend to hook up my new processor fan.

MrBebop26 said:
Aluminum resists heat, copper doesnt. Put aluminum foil in an oven for 20 minutes and take it out, within 2 seconds you can touch it. Copper you wouldnt dream of doing that to.

-Ryan

No, you want it to transfer heat, which means you want something that doesn't resist heat, making copper a good choice.

It's kinda irrelevant; they're both copper.

Zalman - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118115

Gigabyte -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835128003

There are very marginal differences between the 2. They display no CFM, so there isn't really any difference that you can point to, expect noise level. (the Zalman wins) and the price, a difference of $7 dollars. I'm sure both will work fine; I'd preferably go w/ the zalman cauze it's quieter and there's no LEDs (i don't like LEDs).

The Zalman's wider and shorter and the Gigabyte's skinniner and taller, incase that matters.

Yea, i guess you could say that Zalman's a reputable company and we trust them.

Look at the links, make a descion for yourself.

You misunderstood me, read what I said again, I said copper was a better choice because it doesnt resist heat. The fins are aluminum on the Gigabyte, the heat tubes are copper though yes. I would go with the Zalmen because of the copper and it being a 120mm fan.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom