I originally bought a Dell Dimension 2400. Specs:

Intel P4 at 3.06 GHZ
512 MB Ram
40 Gig Hard Drive
No Speakers/onboard sound
GeForce FX 5200 128MB PCI
Standard Modem
---------------------------------------
It was ok for a while but I soon wanted some better graphics. I looked on the Dell website and saw the prices had dropped a ton so I decided I'll sell this thing and buy the Dell Dimension 4700 with the GeForce 6800 256MB for PCI-E, and with a better procceser.

I need to know a good price I could sell the old one at to help pay for the new one.

we to start with dont whatever you do buy a dell. they suck really bad. if ur wanting graphics they are gonna stick a intel in and they arent very good at gamin. also they rip u off because generally wat u pay them is about £200-300 (GBP) to wat u would wen buildin urself. im not sure exactly how much u would get but i wouldnt expect more than £200-300(GBP) i think thats about $500-600 (USD)

Ok

Ok, but what should I choose then? I would like it to be around 900-1000 U.S. Dollars, and including the NVidia GeForce 6800 256MB PCI-E and a good proccesser (3GHZ or over).

well to start with that card is a waste of money. And you shouldnt get a Intel aswel. you should get a AMD 3200 with a 6600GT and a dfi ultraD motherboard. but u wont get sumthing like that from dell or anywhere else i dont think. you really should concider building it as it will save u alot of money and will teach u about how to fix any problems u get rather than payin sum company cray money for it. read these forums and u will get any help u need. i did any every1 on here practically taughtme everythin i know and now ive build more than 10computers and they all work better than anything dell or any other company make.

ok, first, if you're gonna except all that shit for a low price pre-built at a crappy name brand place, then forget it

also, if you want a cheap computer with all that stuff, the only way is to build it yourself, or let one of these reputable companies do it:
www.ibuypower.com (i don't think they're great though, my friend's ibuypower died the first day and they had to fix it for him; i think this indicates that they don't even test the computer)
www.monarchcomputer.com (professionals, i'd recommend them to anyone)

maybe something like this:
amd64 3200+
1 gig ram
939 mobo
6600gt
at least 80gig hdd

ibuypower carries crap motherboards, while monarch has all the decent mobos

my suggestion would be to customize a computer at monarch

There are a lot of smaller companies out that there that build decent computers for cheap...They're small, dunno where to look for them. Try the ads in PC mag or PC world.

TT xaser/OCZ modstream 450/dfi lanparty ultra-d/1 gig corsair twinX/amd64 3000+ venice/seagate 80gig sata

that's $711

slap on a NEC3510A dvd-rw ($50) and eVGA 6600gt ($180)

plus shipping, it should total to about $1000

would be cheaper if you build it yourself though

Everything is cheaper if you build it yourself. People expect that if someone else builds it it'll be the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom