AMD Processor Numbers/Etc. Without?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
Just curious... I purchased my AMD 3200+ from Newegg, received it, and the processor is blank on top. In the picture on the site, it shows it in the box with the numbers/type/model/sN etc on it, just curious if it is common to be without--and/or why do some have it and some don't?

Might be a total n00b question but I can't seem to find an answer. I posted on the AMD forum and nobody responded, haha. :x

thanks.

That's just the way they are advertised, no cpus have any pretty stuff on them..

Not pretty stuff, but the numbers (model/speed/serial etc) telling what they are, verses being just silver. I've seen both... the picture for the one I bought had it on there...

Just wondering these two things:
1) if it's normal -not- to have that number stuff on it, and if so,
2) any idea why some have it and some don't?

thx:)

OEM (orginal equipment manafactures) or summat. When big companies buy stuff, they generally buy stuff in shipments of 1000 or 2000. So all the stuff that you get if you just buy 1, or 2 don't come; like a case, or manual. Your chip was probably OEM and was just the chip, w/o any numbers on it.

some oems are pulled from computers such as gate way and other companies that origionalally installed them

I had a dream......that there were like....FX-60s and I was first in line for one....and the one everyone wanted was the "masters" because I guess that meant an original that would OC really high....the dream ended before the guy ever opened the case to give me mine though :p

Nubius said:
I had a dream......that there were like....FX-60s and I was first in line for one....and the one everyone wanted was the "masters" because I guess that meant an original that would OC really high....the dream ended before the guy ever opened the case to give me mine though :p

AMD cant count, it would be fx-59 or fx-61

emeraldice said:
OEM (orginal equipment manafactures) or summat. When big companies buy stuff, they generally buy stuff in shipments of 1000 or 2000. So all the stuff that you get if you just buy 1, or 2 don't come; like a case, or manual. Your chip was probably OEM and was just the chip, w/o any numbers on it.

Nope, unfortunately...:p

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103502 is the exact one I purchased a few months back (Retail). Hmm...!

Come think of it, Mine didn't either....

hmm
oh well

Check in CPUZ to make sure that you got the right chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom