Laggy Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK new problem, when i used the lastest drivers from ati, they installed fine, and said the computer needed to reboot.

It starts rebooting but after it gets done with the windows loading page the screen turns black for like 10 seconds and then it shows a very distorted and messed up picture for like 5 seconds. The computer then reboots again and says i need to reboot under the last settings that worked.( its the same problem i got when i used the drivers on the cd )

Anyone have a solution for this?

To me it sounds like a physical problem with the ATI card

I would go over with their tech-support for an email, than do an RMA

Something like that happend to me when I installed my new RAM, mind you it was cheep ram but troubleshoot it via Online support first.

-Ryan

I bought the card through newegg, btw. I sent sapphire an email, should i try to contact ati.com too?

Ok, status update. I removed the 9600 and then reinstalled it, i turned on the computer and guess what the choppy ness and the lag is no more. However when ever I open my Trillian program the computer restarts(lol wtf). This is before i updated the drivers, Im going to do that now and see what happens, and if this continues.

Edit: now it seems to reboot whenever something straining on the system occurs, installing things etc. I cant install the drivers because the computer keeps randomly rebooting everytime i try to install them.

Sounds like the problems I'm having with my computer at the moment. Everythings fine, but it lets you know when uve got 1 too many programs open and shiits itself.
I think it has to do with my ram, so i'm gona get some new stuff when my pocket lets me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom