Best antivirus, spyware/adware

Status
Not open for further replies.

QBA

Baseband Member
(Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2)

1. What is the best antivirus, spyware/adware protection I could have that at the same time doesnÂ’t use a lot of my system resources?

2. It is better to have an antivirus, spyware/adware protection all in one application or is better having two software, one for antivirus and other for spyware/adware protection?

Thanks

Alex

Use two different softwares. I use Symantec AV 10 Corporate Edition along with Spybot search and destroy, ad-aware se pro 1.5, xoftspy, and counter spy. And Symantec does not use a lot of resources, maybe norton does, but not symantec.

AVG + MicroSoft AntiSpyware Beta is a great combo

Alot of people will claim their's one better than Antispyware Beta, I forgot the name but it also looks good. It would be good if those people could post the name so I can tryi t.

This ost is in the wrong place.
I recommend just a free antivirus. AVG and Avast are popular around here. For a firewall the SP2 and Zonealarm will do fine. As for spyware just use spybot, adware personal, and microsoft antispyware. They work fine. It wouldn't hurt to use spyware sweeper either.
Warning: using 2 or more AVs can mess with your system big time.

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=53623
that thread has the links you can use to d/l these programs. save you some time.

PS
Oh and DJ-Chris will recommend a hardware fire wall, i would as well if you have the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom