Laggy Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

atroxd

Solid State Member
Anyway, I just built a brand new computer.

Specs:
400watt PSU
3ghz intel cpu
1gb corsair ram
9600xt radeon vid card
120gb 7200 IDE WD HDD
and two optical drives

The problem:
When ever I move a window or scroll through the browser, the window or browser is very choppy. For instance say I opened up AIM and slide it across the screen with the mouse. It would be very choppy and the movement gets very laggy, while scrolling through a browser using a scroll wheel or scroll bar the page is choppy, it looks like everytime i scroll down a little bit it regenerates the page at that position.

My cousin has a DELL, 3ghz cpu, 512 ram, and intergarted graphics but its smooth as can be. The windows open up instantly and move around without being chopping, and scrolling is smooth and dream like in the browser.

Whats wrong with my computer. Btw i know for a fact its not my lcd moniters fault cause ive already tryed a new moniter and have same problem, also I doubt a virus or spyware is causeing this because i just reformated my HDD a few days ago.

Please if you know whats wrong or can give advice to fix it, please do. Thanks!

Because when I've reformatted in the past b4 installing the gfx drivers, that happwnes.

it's cause it's an intel.

:p kidding of course, so don't bother flaming at that people.

Anywho like VIII said, make sure you have the graphic drivers installed and all mobo drivers installed because yes that crap will happen if you don't have them intalled

Hmm, i will try this again, i remember i had the computer look for my new drivers after i put the gfx card cd in, it installed the drivers but then when i reseted computer, the gfx didnt work.

Ill try installing them manually, and mother board i did already.

Ok, when i reinstalled the drivers manually(inserting cd and choosing the install option) the cd went about installing many things, and finally asked to reboot. When its rebooting everything looks fine untill past the windows loading thing, and then the screen completely flips out and gets all messed up. Then the screen goes to black and it restarts the computer.

To be more specific I have a:
Sapphire 9600xt 256mb Radeon

I am 99% sure this is a driver problem as this happens to almost every single PC with a graphics card newer than the OS

Use drivers from ATI.COM

ONLY USE CD IN EMERGENCY'S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom