Error - Need Quick Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
for your hard drive, do you have your IDE ribbon cable plugged into the same place you did as you did before you transferred to a new case?

maybe you switched the IDE slots with the HDD and your cd drive

I have 2 hard drives, a floppy drive and 2 cd roms. i thought i labelled them properly and put them back correctly but if not, what do i do.

thanks

go into your BIOS and make sure your primary hard drive is infact in the boot sequence.

Basically it's not seeing your hardware or anything to boot from

make sure you have the jumpers set correctly. one master and one slave.
for convention, the hard drive with Windows should be master, and the other slave

also, the hard drives have to have an IDE (ribbon) and a molex (4 pin power plug) cable in them
the master drive should be on the end plug of the IDE cable, and the slave on the one below it

red - molex connectors
blue - ide cables
blank squares are connections, if blue then they are ide conections, etc.

what the hell? What exactly is the drawing supposed to accomplish. You should have taken note of everything before you decided to just rip it all out and put it in a new case.

Look for text near the IDE's that say IDE1, and then put whatever HD has the OS on it at the end of the IDE cable and the ide ribbon on IDE1 also on some motherboards may be IDE0, make sure the jumpers which are on the HD's themselves are right, but technically they should be since you just moved everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom