Help my friend please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenken

Baseband Member
He asked this question and i know alot of you are pros so could you help?

Okay, I just bought a new comp, but when I set it up, just the fans and internal lights come on, the burner and drives and such just dont seem to come on, I have a 350 watt power supply, and I just cant fingure it out, I'm thinking its my motherboard (faulty?). Anyone have any idea? Any help is much needed, thank you.

disconnect everything, take the motherboard out and put in on a cardboard box so it won't ground out.

Plug in only the keyboard, 1 stick of RAM and the video card (and of course CPU :p )

Make sure the case is close enough so you can plug in the PC speaker for beeps.

Try to turn it on, if it comes on, it was being grounded out in the case

If it doesn't, take out the graphics card see if it gives you a beep code, if it does, then reseat the card and try it again, if it doesn't work after reseating then your card is bunk.

Repeat the same process with the RAM....if that doesn't work then it's either the CPU or mobo and the only way you can find out which it is, is if you had a spare mobo to put the CPU in

have you ever breadboxed a computer Nubius? its so awesome to have all the computer parts fastened to a cardboard box case.

RAM: 1gb stick ddr ram
video card: radeon 9600 xp 256mb
motherboard: dci amd 64bit 2000mhz
Processor: amd athlon 64 3200+

diablo....what is the point of having the specs in this situation really?

Try those suggestions I gave you Tenken and report back.

have you ever breadboxed a computer Nubius? its so awesome to have all the computer parts fastened to a cardboard box case
I was thinking about putting my parts in a box while my computer is being modded so I could still use it, but I didn't want something happening to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom