Split up the Hardware Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I think about it, I think ShoobieRat is on the ball here. If someone was having probs, they might not know what piece of hardware is causing the problem.

Any new develpments for this? I just was going through the hardware zone and saw that it took about 24 hours to put a post on the 4th page :(

I like the idea. Processors then Video Cards/RAM would work. Gives people some direction.

Not to detract from the Advanced Section discussion, but I want you all to lend me a few brain cells for a little bit.

If the Hardware forum were to be divided up, what should be the divisions it needs to divided into?

In other words, what sub-forums do we need? What general topics? Component catagories?

Put your suggestions here.

ShoobieRat said:
Nice idea, but I don't think they should be split up by component. Subject is better. ("buying/building", "Troubleshooting", "New Tech/Neat-Stuff")

I like the idea. Just one thing, there's already a "New Technologies" forum.

I like the "buying/building", "Troubleshooting", "New Tech/Neat-Stuff" idea. I think the first two would really make a difference and then the third one would just make a nice addition so we dont always have those posts randomly spaced out.

We have a problem Huston. There is a main forum called "overclocking and case modding" and now a subforum for overclocking in the hardware sub forum. Is there a need for two overclocking forums?

I respectfully submit the opinion that the Hardware forum has been subdivided too much. Is there really a need to divide the building/buying forums into low end and high end for instance?

I really just think that this is going to make it all a real pain to read and respond to. Not to mention how much a pain it is going to be keeping up with the moderation of it for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom