Hard drive question

Status
Not open for further replies.
transfer rate, one is 100mb/sec other is 133mb/sec, SATA is 150mb/sec and soon SATA300 will be coming out

They use the same plug? Can you put a 133 hard drive on a motherboard that supports 33/66/100?

Yeah, when it says 'ATA' it basically is referring to an IDE drive.....the newer IDE cables however are 80pin I believe, so those support the ata133 but if you have a 40pin idle cable they won't support that high of transfer, but I forgot what exactly they are limited too...probably 66/100

so was SATAI and SATAII...wts thier speeD?
As far as I know only 150mb/sec SATA is out right now and 300mb/sec will be out in the future....maybe it's already been released, I haven't quite been up on it all that much as of late

The spec doesnt matter, the drives themselves cant keep up. Show me a drive that will run at that speed. I'd buy like 100 of them.. remove all my ram setup a huge raid-0 array and use 16gb of swap in replace of my ram running at 5000mb/s

ata133 & sata all benchmark at 50mbs for 7200rpm drives. raptors and other 10k rpm drives bench at 60mb/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom