LGA 775 vs 478

Status
Not open for further replies.
an AMD 3000+ is equivalent to a 3.0 Intell.

though the AMD is much cheaper for its price per performance cost, making it a better deal.. it will perform worse though on such tasks as Variouse win applications, and Vidoe prosseccing, simply cause it has a lower clock speed... but graphic wise it performse better.

So depending on your use for hte computer, choose witch better suits you. also, the intells are better at multitasking then tha AMD XPs because Intell has hyperthreading.

I dont know much about the AMD 64's or there pricess, but thy have a much higher Bus speed then the Xp's, because of there Hypertransport technology. but you can always check into those pricess, i dont have a clue what thy r, but i think thy have been dropping fast in price recently.

Yes and yes..

If you want a well rounded computer you need the following

get an amd 939

get pc 3200 (ddr400) .. if you get 2 sticks and have a dual channel motherboard it increases your memory throughput 2x

get the gigabyte k8ns-ultra or something to that effect.

get a 7200rpm 8mb cache hard drive for your OS.. Buy a WD or a segeate baracuda. It will increase your hd throughput (less load time, less seek time)

bronxblaza117 said:
is this better then intel 3.0

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache

for multi taskin and gamin...

Multitasking = No, Intel has a small lead, but your not that likely to notice a difference

Gaming = AMD has a HUGE lead

for chipsets, 865 is consider an old one already... the newest intel chipset is 915, 925, and the coming 945.....

AMD is what u should get if u are a gamer, cheaper, more room for u to overclock... and like the others said, it will outperform intel in the gaming area

But seriously, imo, decide what u get by ur budget... There are always better parts in the market, the problem is whether u willing to spend for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom