overclock p4 3.06

Status
Not open for further replies.

contry

In Runtime
ok i got a p4 3.06ghz and i was thinking of overclocking it to 3.2ghz, the problem is that this is the first time iam gonna try to overclock something :p and i wanted to know where should i start, i looked for the multiplier in my bios but couldnt find it :( , i will appreciate if u guys give me a hand here :bald: i have an emachines t5026 btw

you cant overclock that computer its an oem (original equipment manufacturer) motherboard. The company doesnt want you to overclock it because if u fry it, its under waranty and they have to give u a new one, so to avoid all that they just lock everything so u cant overclock.

technically you can OC, but that would require hunting down a BIOS to that mobo chipset. Also it is very risky to try it, and find out that it does not work. Your kinda screwed when that happens.

true you can do that or u can overclock in windows but its not good for ur computer and they are extremly risky (especially findin a new bios).

there's not enough difference between 3.06 and 3.2 to justify the risk

also, you can use clockgen if it supports your mobo

Yeah exactly, theres barely difference between 3.06 and 3.4.. 400 clock isn't a whole lot and you wouldnt notice any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom