What processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

v6steve

Solid State Member
Hi everyone

I was gonna get a athlon 3800+ but based on the replies I got to another thread. I've started questioning if thats a good choice. Somebody told me to get a 3200+ cos it can be OC'ed really easily and to stupid speeds. Somebody else told me that these Venice chips get out done completely by the san diego (4000+).

What do you guys recommend?

The only requirement is that it can be oc'ed and remains stable. (with watercooling)

Unfortunately I can't afford any of the FX series.

Cheers

Venice IMO is top of the line, they are brand new, and are the best you'll find. Yes, I would recommend getting a 3200/3500+ and overclocking it to 4000 speeds, some can reach ridiculously high speeds with liquid cooling.

San Diego's are good, but Venice is better IMO. As long as you have good cooling, you can buy a 3200 for not much and OC it to a 4000, shouldn't be that hard.

The Venice are the choice for OCing on AMD chips. Get a Venice 3200+ ($200 or so) and you can overclock it sickly.

HAve fun!
-Bones

Hey buddy, not many people can afford that processor. Plus, it dosent have the OCing potential of a Venice.

nope, venice runs cooler, has a smaller core, and uses less voltage

a 3200+ would be better than getting a 3700+/3800+/4000+

imo the only thing that's better than the 3200+ is the 3500+ (dunno if this applies to venice too), but a 3200+ is your best bet

HA I'm gonna find the specs just to prove you wrong, not because I wanna flame you but because I think that because you have that you think it is the best.

-Ryan

Here you go, I'm not sure what cores these are though:

plan.png

Lower core voltage, higher thermal power.

-Ryan

their both 9 nanometer cores (well .09) and use the same amount of voltage.

Only difference is cache size I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom