XBOX 360 pics and info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him said:
The PS3 was built specifically to rival the new XBOx. It is going to be cheaper than the PS2 when that first came out. Sony wants to completely own the video game consoles, and they are going to do it.

Funny thing is that PS2 SUCKS compared to Xbox, this isnt an opinion, the specs are outstanding on Xbox. The new Xbox is going to be hard to beat and Sony is going to have to move past their crappy "Emotion Engine" to be able to even think of comparing to Xbox let alone Xbox 360.

-Ryan

I can't believe that sh!t. 3 3.2GHz cores, each capable of running 2 threads! That is insane. And, being on a console, the games will be specifically designed to take full advantage of that. It is a lot easier to write a game for a console as you know the exact hardware that will be playing it.

They did a great job on the features IMO. The connectivity to MCE, the wireless features, the upgradable hdd. It does a lot of the things that modded xbox's are doing now.

I wonder how the modding will go on this one!

Actually, the PS2 has better opertation than the xbox. It handle polygons or better, or somethign like that. Even though it is theoretically 3 times slower than an xbox (PS2=250mhz, xbox=700). It is like the difference between an AMD and an Intel. An Intel may be 3.4 ghz, but a 2 ghz AMD will run just as good. Right?

Of course XBox 360 will be backwards compatible with XBox, that would be the stupidest thing MS could ever do, would be to make the two non-compliant. I know MS is rather dumb, but not that dumb. They do have good marketers, and that would be for marketing purposes, having the backwards compatibility.

Actually, the PS2 has better opertation than the xbox.
In what way? Xbox has better graphics and better features. What are "operations" when it comes to a console?

I remember reading an article when XBox first came out, saying that, despite all of it's power, it dosent compare to PS2. I honestly couldnt tell you where i read it, or find you the article right now. I'm sorry I cant cite my sources, but I do know that they are (were) sound.

Him said:
I remember reading an article when XBox first came out, saying that, despite all of it's power, it dosent compare to PS2. I honestly couldnt tell you where i read it, or find you the article right now. I'm sorry I cant cite my sources, but I do know that they are (were) sound.
Hmmm, well, since its first release, and how the games developed, I don't think many people would dissagree that the xbox has better graphics than the PS2, but to be fair, xbox came out a year after the PS2, so not a perfect comparison.

Also, on a side not, from what I read the PS3 will be more powerfull than the xbox 360, but again, it won't be out for another year.

Yeah, whatever, if it displays better GFX, then it displays better GFX. If it dosent, than it dosent. No sense in arguing.

I'm really looking forward to the PS3. I'm not much of a gamer, but I really do like driving games. Since driving is my ambition in life, I can really dig playing these games. I'm a huge fan of the NFS games. I know it is available on both platforms, but still. My major quarrel with the XBox is the controller. Sony's controller is simple and effective. It's is not uncomfortable to hold, and it is not hard to hit any buttons. on the XBox controllers, they are akward and hard to hit some of the top buttons. I hope they redo their controller to a better shape.

Well untill you find that artice I dont believe one bit of it, I've played both and PS2 is crud.

-Ryan

Just add something: http://www.ourcolony.net/

You probally watched it, but it is talking about the xbox 360. It does also have a 20gig hard drive as standard that can be taken out. Watch the film.

I will probally end up getting the xbox 360, but may change my mind when I hear more about other consoles, or even not get any, and buy something for the pc, but I prefer gaming on a console.

(I can see a flame war in the making)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom