JBOD Hard Drive Array

Status
Not open for further replies.

android325

Beta member
I built my first PC with an 80 GB hard drive. It is now full of games, video, and music. Can I install an additional hard drive now without wiping everything on the first drive? If so, how? This is a JBOD array, right?

Athlon 64 3400+
1024 MB DDR
80 GB Hard Drive
WinXP SP2

For additional info, please contact me at android325@yahoo.com.
Thanks!

yea u can add another hard drive no problem. just set it to secondary if its IDE. and ur set. a JBOD is just settin multiple drives of any size to read it as one. it doesnt give any proformance increases. (Just a Bunch of Old Disks)

Is that what JBOD really stands for?

Man, there are some acronyms, that are just hilarious that they are realy.

POTS, for example: Plain Old Telephone System. It is an accpeted term in the indrstry! acronyms are usually technical and very difficult to understand.

damn, that is hilarious. I want a JBOD, just so I can say that I have "Just a Bunch Of Disks" in my computer, and be using the exact term for it.

BTW: Idiotec, your avatar is quite menacing.

Just look at it man. It's like something out of a nighmare. Seriously, imagine yourself going into a dark room, and turning on the light, only to see that looking at you. I would sh!t myself!

i just realized it blinked... Holy crap. I jumped, I certainly wasnt expecting that.

I really dig your rig, you build it? I would hope so, I would have to not like you anymore if you bought it stock. ;)

how much did that setup cost you, approx? Was it easy to OC? Do you think you could easily take your OC higher?

Him said:
I really dig your rig, you build it? I would hope so, I would have to not like you anymore if you bought it stock. ;)

how much did that setup cost you, approx? Was it easy to OC? Do you think you could easily take your OC higher?
Thanks, yeah I built it.

It was about $1700 for just the box, then another $600 for the monitor.

It has OC'd well IMO, but I am stuck with stock cooling right now. I have bumped it all the way to 4.1GHz prime stable, but it gets hot. I am going to upgrade the cooling at some point, but right now I run it at the 3.7Ghz, 1:1 RAM 24/7 and it is a pretty big boost on performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom