AMD or the P4

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD all the way for me.
I get more bang for buck with AMD.
PLus I have a clearer upgrade path with AMD too as I more likely able to upgrade the processor with out having the change the MoBo too.

MrBebop26 said:
AMD does more work but at a slower pace.
Intel does less work faster.

I think you mean that the other way around....

-Ryan

How do I mean that the other way???????????
Is it because I am an Intel Fanboy???

Hell, I will admit it.

I AM AN INTEL FANBOY!!!!!!!!!!

But I accept the fact that AMD does perform better in games.
But I CAN'T stand people who think AMD's own in power apps and gaming. The world would be a better place without them.....:D

I think that once AMD gets more dual cores out with better cores in them, that they will eventually be just as good as intel at multitasking and get better at gaming.

charles_scott said:
I think that once AMD gets more dual cores out with better cores in them, that they will eventually be just as good as intel at multitasking and get better at gaming.

Keyword. You think!

Ok than, your one of those type of "people"

Yeah AMD is good at gaming. But a Pentium will smear AMD in most multitasking apps. You can't have the best of both worlds........

Dual core anything will be good, its just the fact that the P4 with HT uses a "image" second core, a fake but it works.

-Ryan

If you're really worried about the initial clock speed, then you can always overclock your AMD processor. Now, not only are you a fat man doing more work than the skinny fast guy who carries less bricks, but you are also running faster than you were before. My AMD Athlon 64 3000+ socket 939 (1.8 GHz) is overclocked to 2.6 GHz.

And you thought all fat men that carried bricks were slow...

uzi9mm said:
How do I mean that the other way???????????
Is it because I am an Intel Fanboy???

Hell, I will admit it.

I AM AN INTEL FANBOY!!!!!!!!!!

But I accept the fact that AMD does perform better in games.
But I CAN'T stand people who think AMD's own in power apps and gaming. The world would be a better place without them.....:D

Keyword missing: "(You think!)" the world would be a better place without them. In the meantime, you'll have to live with what AMD followers put up with before AMD managed to produce better processors: competition. It keeps the industry alive..or would you rather see such competition removed?

After all, the world would be better without them..with just Intel running the show.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom