SATA150 and ATA133 would have any conflict in one motherboard are they compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK-Robotech

Beta member
SATA150 & ATA133 controllers are they compatible together on one motherboard?

If any body could help me with my question? I am going to use those two different controller cards for in one Motherboard which is 'RocketRAID 133 Dual-Channel ATA133 RAID Adapter' and other one is Build by PROMISE TECH; name is SATA150TX2/TX4. One hard drive is connected in to ATA133 and the other two are going to be connected to SATA150TX2/TX4 do you think in this way two of those controllers and Hard drives will work together without ever conflicting each other, and can they run all of the hard drives together without causing problems to system, can I use all those hard drives in this way, are they compatible together?

I think they would be fine. It depends if your motherboard supports the 3 hard-drives and the certain type as it seems to do if I read your post correctly.

Asus P4T533-C

My Motherboard is Asus P4T533-C, if you know and any body ales will know. This board will spurt two controllers? please reply. Thank you

Let me understand, This is a external added sata controller or is it the onboard sata contoller. If the motherboard does not have a built in sata controller you will not get the 150mbs it will run at 133mhz. The same as your hdd.

Either way, they will work. You can mix and match.

If it's onboard, just make sure you have drivers for your OS.

Its not onboard controller....

No it not onboard controller not build in, it's two separate cards. I have to install it on the board. Thanks very much to all of you for the help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom