Status
Not open for further replies.

vasudev

Solid State Member
I am experiencing a few problems with my XP and IE.Let me list them down,

Problem #1
Whenever i run any MS-DOS based application on XP.I get the following error,

error6xn.jpg

Then the application does not start.I have experienced this error once or twice before.The first time i reinstalled XP and it worked.But the second time even reinstallation didnt work.

Problem #2
After working on my XP for sometime if i leave it inactive my IE doe not load any pages.After typing the url in the address bar and pressing Go IE does absolutely nothing.During this time, other applications also do not respond. For example,Outlook Express Hangs up when i open attachements,Media Player hangs up when i try to open a file.

Also when i open forums i get this error
error21mf.jpg

I have scanned my computer with updated Norton Antivirus 2005 but there r no viruses. I also reinstalled IE.Please help me solve the matter

Thx

I think the DOS probem is cos windows wont run 16bit verson of DOS. What is it your trying to run in DOS?
read this: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/expert/durham_og.mspx

2nd: Try this
This error can be disabled:

Within Internet Explorer select ‘Tools’, ‘Internet Options’.
Select the ‘Advanced’ tab.
Tick the option ‘Disable script debugging’ (under ‘Browsing’).
For the setting change to take effect close down all Internet Explorer windows and restart.

Thx for the reply
I am actually trying to run a program by Sierra which helps in making Greeting cards and also Turbo C. Both these programs actually run fine most of the times except for when this error crops up.

Infact i reinstalled XP yesterday and the programs worked fine but today again its giving the same error.

As for Problem #2, disabling script debugging does stop the error box from popping up but it does not stop the script error from taking place. I can see an error symbol at the bottom left of my Status bar.But disabling the script debugging does solve the irritating part

there's a clean copy of the autoexec in c:\windows\repair. copy it to c:\windows\system32. relaunch the program.

run spyware & virus scans.

CS again you beat me to it. but this problem.. if he has already re installed that means that the autoexe on the disk is messed up right? or other wise it would atleast stay good a while longer.. am i completely wrong? if so i apologize

But can u tell me why i keep getting the script errors on IE.I did disable it but that doesnt stop from the error happening right?It just stops displaying the popup.After the page loads it says "Done,but with errors" at the bottom left of the statusbar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom