LGA 775 vs 478

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronxblaza117

In Runtime
can anyone tell me the pros and cons of lga 775 and socket 478? i dont see the difference...askin cuz im makin a new comp and need t kno...is on faster then other? if a motherboard says socket478/LGA 775 does that mean it supports both?

478 is old new, there's no point in getting a 478

775 is the newer socket and supports the faster CPU's for Intel

btw, what do you plan on doing with your rig

478 is old new? What does that mean? It's like big small.

There is a point to getting a 478 socket MOBO. If your planning on getting a 478 CPU.

i think the only or main differencess are...

478 = DDR1, max of 3.4GHZ cpu, AGP 8x slot,

775 = DDR2, cpu speeds above 3.4 supported' currently at 3.8 i think, PCI-E 16x slot
-----------------------------------------

so if youra small gamer a socket 478 is more then enough, and its a lot cheaper then 775.

478 even more then capable for heavy gaming, but if you were a heavy gamer, you would be looking at the AMD 64's.

to be honest I don't know is there con and pros on the 775 and the 478, but there are a few things I can think of

1) 775 slot is for the newest generation of INTEL CPU, especially those dual core which is the INTEL newest best CPU

2) the 775 slot is completely different to the 478. For one thing the pin is not on the CPU anymore and is on the MB, which lessen the chance of pin damaging.

3) also the fan is also completely new, imo, it is much more easier to install and take off than the 478 fan

if u are a gamer, then 775 will be the one u should buy; however what I will really concern is the chipset, but that is another story :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom