help me make a good system!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultra isnt worth it since the GT overclocks to ultra speeds in 98% of the cases very easily.

And if he's not going SLI, just get a thermaltake td-420AD

Definitly go with GT. Ultra is way too much for way too little. Trust me I have one and my friend has a GT. Little to no difference in gaming for about $150 less.

Wow thanks a lot guys especially you aspire.

wtf?? everything aspire said was crap, how could you thank him?

aspire.comptech said:
ya but he really dont need the second gt
and the non sli board can be made into sli modded
also i didnt know what he need the comp for
and all my prices were guesses
he can find lian li cases for 80 bucks
ultra is bette than gt and not to much more money
sli is crap not worth it
80gb sata is small if he has lots of dvd's and music or has lots of stuff on his pc

sure a second GT isn't needed, but an ultra costs MUCH more than a GT and GTs can be OC'd to ultra speeds and have lower memory timings, giving them a better OC

if he has a lot of DVD's and stuff, he can easily back them onto CD's

even if you're P2P-ing like me, i only took up about 44gigs (total., with all my games)

the DFI non-SLI can't be modded into an SLI anymore

nvidia already stopped this a long time ago

AB0 said:

that is just a stupid and wotrthless post

you just tell him the parts he needs and don't even explain why

AMD64 Venice 3200+ retail --> yes
Abit fatal1ty gets owned by the DFI lanparty, it has japanese capacitors more better stabilization and OCs way better --> DFI lanparty ultra-d
BFG 6800GT OC - now why this?? - they bump the frequencyies up by 30mhz or something and just sell it like that, you can easily download coolbits2 and raise the frequencies yourself; also, i've heard that BFG's OC bad --> eVGA 6800GT
creative audigy2; $200 for a card that doesn't even sound as good as a $90 m-audio? there's no need for a crap overpriced card --> turtle beach "santa cruz"
WD 160gb SATA --> seagate 200gb SATA, seagates are much quieter and more reliable
pioneer dvd-rw drive --> NEC 3510A, the NEC are best all around and won first place in the anandtech review on optical drives; the pioneer sucks at everything except DVD burning
PCP&C 425 deluxe, good psu, but OCZ's are also good & cheaper --> OCZ powerstream 500W (or the PCP&C)
lian-li cases are good, but so are Thermaltakes and can be bought for a little cheaper (some of them)
OCZ plat rev2's; good ram, but if he wants something cheaper, he can go with the 1gb twinMOS ram @ newegg for $94.35
mouse and keyboard are his choice, he might even be using his old one (btw, that saitek looks like crap IMO)

actually, the Saitek keyboards are really nice, however, i personally cant justify spending $50+ on a keyboard.

Diablo is right on all points up there, cant dispute him on anything.

Yes, I'd listen to diablo, he's really good with hardware, and so is DJ-CHRIS. But, that rig looks nice.

-SkyHi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom