Whats with DFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeisalsocool

Daemon Poster
I've noticed, while browsing through TF, that whenever someone asks to suggest parts for thier comptuer, DFI always comes up.
I wen't through their site, and noticed that all (correct me if I'm wrong) have 2 PCI 16x slots, for newer 939 versions.
Well what if you have more use for 1x and PCI slots?
I am more partial to Abit and Asus for some reason. I know its all user preference, but why do you guys always seem to suggest DFI?

-Joe

because DFI is the best overclockers board hands down.

ASUS sucks balls, especially for AMD IMO

ABit was really good with DFI in the socket A stages, but their socket 939 boards aren't as good for OC'ing

EDIT: Oh yeah they DO have PCI slots, so I don't know what you're talking about there, they got like 3 or 4

DFI's 100% japanese capacitors makes it more stable then any other board

not to mention it OCs way better, look much better :D, then any other board

the asus 939 board is crap (but a lot of n00bs buy it for some reason)

All right, for clarity mate, there is PCI, and PCI Express. PCI Express has a lot more bandwidth than PCI and you will eventually start to see other components being shifted to that platform. One of the first ones I believe will be a PPU which should dramatically change the performance of games.

The DFI non-SLI boards have one 16x PCI-E, one 4x, and one 2x I believe. In addition to that I am quite sure they have three standard PCI slots.

Not to sound cocky garra, but I do my research. I've looked through a ton of different boards, and I like Abit's AN8 the best. Yes it has its downfalls, but i like the OTES for extra cooling and the absence of those stupid Serial and Parallel ports. I'll be doing mild overclocking and what not, it's just that something turns me off about DFI. I cant quite put my finger on it.

ABits OTES is a joke dude, it's a marketing thing more than anything else. I like ABit, don't get me wrong, their NF7-S v2 is an awesome board, but even the MSI Neo2 Platinum is seen as a better board than the current ABit boards for the same scenario....you don't like DFI because you don't know anything about them it seems.

They will OC better than any board out there, that's not opinion, that's a fact.

I have looked into them, just as much as Abit and Asus. I like to read up on things more than buy, as you can see by my sig. I shall have a look into MSI, haven't heard too much about them...

Whatever you do DO NOT buy an asus

I fell down that drain, it was that or MSI Neo2, and their was a combo deal with Asus and I fell in the trap

It's a craptastic board.

DFI has the absolute best socket 939 boards out right now, this is in no way opinion, you can go to any forum or ask for any opinion and everyone will tell you the same thing. Abit and MSI are both good companies (actually MSI has been taking a leaf out of DFIs book and is headed more towards the overclocking market more and more with each board), but DFI is a board built for the enthusiast.

They are so devoted that they have delayed their nf3 socket 939 for months so that it can reach the standards that the enthusiast community has come to expect from DFI.

Ok, Im looking at the UT nF4 Ultra-D. It looks like the best one for my agenda, I also read that it suports the cool n' quiet technology which I like, but a few things...
Noticing that the socket bracket is sideways, do you think a 7700 would ever fall off?
It only has 2 PCI slots, and why is there a molex connector above the southbridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom