HDD to HDD transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Arbib

In Runtime
I am building a new computer to take advantage of 64 bit processors and will use XPPro

I have a mass of programs and data on my existing HDD's and would like to transfer these wholesale to new HDD's on the new setup.

Somewhere in the back of my mind there is, I believe, a bit of software that will do this, but I can't remember what it is called.

Can anyone help please? And is it foolproof?

you can do this alot of ways...
1. use norton ghost
2. set ur drive up as slave and copy to the new one
3. burn what u want and then rip it to ur new hdd

(i also recomend not copying all of ur programs... could get messy) but anyhow do what u like

a simple copy and paste for your data. and file and settings tranfer wizard. make sure you already install your programs (and XP) on your new pc before using the wizard

don't do a direct hard drive copy as you will get a lot of conflicts.

Thank you, but I know that there is a bit of software that will permit transfer of everything (provided, of course, to recipient HDD has been formatted) including the OS. I just can't find it, but have seen it in operation elsewhere.

I can name about 20 such products, but like Blitze105 and I explained,
if you take that finish hard drive and put it on a new mobo, it has a 25% chance of working and you will always problems (two many different drivers issues). it is easier to put a new install of xp

Can Ghost clone via a USB link from one computer to another and is the warning about driver conflicts above an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom