Asus Motherboard Fan Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worrgames

Beta member
I built my own computer about a month ago, and have the Asus A8V-E motherboard on it. I have not had any problems with it before; but when I woke up this morning, it was to a weird noise coming from my computer. I opened it up, and noticed that one of the fans on the motherboard were making a weird noise. Im not sure what component it is because I don't recall seeing a fans on other motherboards like this. Its located directly south of the CPU Chip; almost directly under. Its about 2 inches by 2 inches in size and is silver (and has the fan on top). The fan was making a weird noise, and when I looked, it appeared to rotate, slow down, make the noise then begin rotating again. I unplugged that fan, and the sound stopped immediately, so I know its not a different component.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before? And how would I go about correcting this?

It is probably just a fan that is used for cooling, not necessarily manditory. Take it out, and see if your temps increase drastically. If you OC, don't take it out, but if you don't, just take it out, it shouldn't affect your comp that much, if at all.

Well it's an important fan

Get what's called a northbridge cooler, as that's what fan is messing up

IMO it is not that important. It is not on many mobos in the first place. If you are OC'ng hard, then maybe, but just good case cooling should take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom