Where do I rat out people who are selling pirated OS's

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will become increasingly difficult, I agree, but at the same time will be very easy. There si always someone out there who is just going to work at it until they can crack it.

I suppose so. But just say the next version of Windows (e.g. Longhorn) is not able to be copied, then what happens to Microsoft? I don't think that most people would want to pay the full price for the OS, and 98% of people haven't paid for XP in some places apparently. Microsoft would either lose a lot of sales to people using another OS, or they would have to decrease the price of their operating system. If 98% of people are not willing to pay the current price for the OS, then to get the same profits Microsoft would have to decrease the price by a massive amount.

HeddaLora said:
I don't agree. As I said, I know (well) plenty of successful people who are honest. And because they are honest, they can live with themselves.

But they make decisions that can hurt other people and they will never realize it because they are indirectly involved.

The best way to settle this argument is to get a Microsoft lawyer in here. The firm that handles MS's piracy suits in somewhere in London (or near there). Anyone from the UK get someone in here? That would be tight. We'd be breakin records!

I'm in the UK, but I'm not sure where I'd look for a lawyer to come to a forum.

Down with windows!
When I get my AMD64 I'm going Linux all the way. Im tired of meaningless updates and services running all the time.
Im not even interested in Longhorn or XP64, they are a complete waste of money.
-Joe

personally i dont think you should tell, as it was said before, the universe will correct itself. However the rich are too rich and bill gates should use all his billions to make a bit better os that people may not pirate as much.

Joeisalsocool said:
Down with windows!
When I get my AMD64 I'm going Linux all the way. Im tired of meaningless updates and services running all the time.
-Joe

Amen! When I get my Dual Core, I'm running Redhat only because they support and Microsoft does not!

Joeisalsocool said:
Down with windows!
-Joe

My thoughts also. Windows Longhorn is gonna blow. And chances are that it's going to suck as much as XP does...but in 64bit form. I will most likely switch over this computer to Linux when I get my 64bit processor. But that's going to be a while with college and such. But for now I'm running XP (Legit) on the computer that I built. It's good enough for right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom