Monitor keep flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherubimon_3.20

In Runtime
Having probs with my monitor. It keeps flickering. I checked the power and video cables and they were fine. My res is 1600*1200. What do i do? refer to my sig for my type of monitor.

acualy, the monitor i am on right now hre in school, flickers like shit, lol.

and i cant do nothnig aobut it. BUT have you checked to see what hertz it is runing on?

to check:
1: go to display properties, either via right clicking desktop or control panel
2:settings tab
3: click advandced
4:click monitor, and then check out the hertz level, as far as i know, 60 is the best to go with, but it may be differnt then ob your monitor, but try 60 and see if it helps, if not, maybe you should enlis the help of a tv repair or something.

i had a problem like that and ended up being the monitor cable.
and the whole time i thought it was my video card so i was totally hating against MSI

I'd suggest jumping your Hertz up to at least 85. Low Hertz = more flicker. If it's still doing it at 85, then yeah, check your cables, then try a different monitor and graphics card.

alright, first check your manuf web site to see what your optimal screen frequency should be at. I have a Dell p990 (says on the back of the monitor) and my optimal refresh rate is around 85mhz. If yours is set too low or too high you can damage your monitor. Also, it changes for whatever resolution you use. So keep that in mind. It's not one size fits all.

Also, look for interferience. Florecent lighting, speakers, things like that. Keep them away from your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom